Greetings from Kansas

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
dgerst
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Greetings from Kansas

Post by dgerst »

Hi all,

I've been a Ducati fan since the 70's when I would visit Kitchen Cycle in Hays, KS and drool over the new 750 Sport and 850 Guzzi. Don lived down the street and his kids and I played together. In my high school years I found a '74 Sport for sale at a used car dealer in La Crosse, KS for $700. I later traded it for a bicycle and 50 bucks, a long, depressing story, and something one can never comletely recover from.

Fast forward to 1990 when I found a basket case 450 R/T for $200 which I restored in my laundry room over a five year period.

About five years ago I bought an '81 Darmah on Ebay. Kind of Mad Max looking with drag bars, universal cafe fairing, black painted pipes, blue tank, tail and front SS fender, and grey wheels. Someone put VHB29AS's on it also. But it runs fine and has 18,000 KM on it. It's a Euro model.

Anyway I'm tired of riding an ugly Darmah so I'm cleaning out my shop to roll it in this winter for a restoration, back to its original black-and-gold glory.

I'm looking for a set of PHF's and a few other goodies but it's pretty much all there otherwise.

Thanks for the outstanding forum and if anyone has some carbs or is looking for VHB's or an SS fairing let me know.

Dave
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome Dave, and thanks for sharing.... Re; phf carbies, I have a set for you, give me a call to discuss, bodies have been cleaned and soda blasted, ready for assembly. I cand do whatever you want to them - ship all the bits along with all new seals, gaskets, pump diaphrams, float needle valves and banjo screens, or assemble for you. Can use existing hardware or install everything new etc. Price will vary depending on what you want done etc.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
TDF
Mariana

Post by TDF »

If you don't mind my asking what part of KS are you at currently? I have a friend who used to live in Hays but is now over near Manhattan. I'm near Lincoln, NE. Good to have more midwesterners aboard.

TDF
dgerst
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dgerst »

Hi,
I now live in Coldwater, KS , about two hours straight south of Hays., near the Oklahoma border. BTW here's a pic of my 450 and soon-to-be-disassembled Darmah. Thanks all for the quick replies and help
Dave

Return to “Introduce Yourself”