Hi from Switzerland

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Titof
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hi from Switzerland

Post by Titof »

Hi,

My name is Christophe and I am a proud owner of a 1972 750 GT since only one month.

I am from France, but I currently live and work in Switzerland. I have been riding a 1999 900 Monster for a few years until my girlfriend bought a 1972 350 Scrambler. Such great fun that I decided that I needed a vintage Ducati as well. After a lot of research and a few attempts, I finally found a reasonably priced 750 GT near Rome in Italy. It is from 1972, is red metal flake in color and has only 25000 km. There were 3 previous owners (apparently friends) and the history of the bike is known (I even have the original Italian papers issued in 1972 !).

It was running (at least kind of) when I bought it, but needs some work to get in registered again and back on the road. I am currently reinstalling some missing parts, rebuilding the carbs (Amal type), and the front brakes (original Lockheed components are being temporarily replaced with a Brembo calliper and Grimeca master cylinder until I can determine if the original parts can be rebuilt or not). Once the basic stuff is sorted out, I will probably go for a more deeper rebuild: frame would need some new paint, engine heads checked, forks renewed, engine parts cleaned and polished, Conti exhauts replaced (maybe, because they are rather damaged but still OK), and wheels re-spoked etc…. I might also consider installing an electronic ignition.

Can’t wait to ride the bike again !

Cheers for now,
Christophe
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Christophe, take good care off your GT, not too many left with low miles and documents! Post some pics for us all if you get a chance. Ciao, Jordan
Titof
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Titof »

Hi,

I contacted my ISP to upload some pics as per the forum instructions. Apparently I cannot link individual photos but only provide access to an album. So here is a try anyway.

Follow this link and select "Public Albums / Bevel Heaven Forum" to see 2 pics of the bike taken by the pervious owner a few days before I bought it: http://fotoservices.bluewin.ch/fotopage/titof/

If this is OK, I will post additional pics. If not I will try to find another way.

Cheers for now.

{site admin edit - here are the photos}

Attachments
My bike when I bought it.
My bike when I bought it.
1972 750 GT
1999 900 Monster

Return to “Introduce Yourself”