New Member from South Africa

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Trooper
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Member from South Africa

Post by Trooper »

Hi Guys, been chatting to Tom Rolland regarding my current project; the restoration of my 1974 GT Round Case Bevel Drive. He recommended I join your forum. Thanks Tom and Steve. Regards to all and hope that I may pick your brains, as assistance I shall require! :-D Trevor Reeve
1974 750GT Owner
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Welcome Trevor!!
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Trevor, how are you getting along with your GT? Post some pics for us if you have the chance. Jordan
Trooper
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Progress Report

Post by Trooper »

Hi Jordan

Thanks for your mail!

Well great news, as my GT is now complete and has original papers, roadworthy and in my name! I have given the bike to my Dad to take care of for me and the agreement is that it is his bike until he croaks and then it reverts back to me. He is now 78 and is riding the GT regularly and successfully. I worry about the old coot, but am very proud of him, but he is so stubborn LOL! I also have an '08 HD V-Rod VRSCAW which I ride every week-end.

When I say that it is completed I mean up and running but not 100% original. I have certain custom made parts which I prefer to the original and I believe that the tail light and indicators are not correct.

I would love to send you a pic, but maybe I'm just plain thick, but I can't see how to attatch a pic in this dialog box? Give me some time and I'll send you some interesting pic's. By the way I was pleasantly surprized at the performance of the GT. It has good low down grunt and a very willing motor. It also handles surprizingly well and that sound! Now I understand a little more about why people are GT crazy!

Regards Trev.
1974 750GT Owner
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Trevor, you can find instructions on how to post pics here: http://www.bevelheaven.com/~BB/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=16 I would only add don't forget to hit the close tags button above after you have pasted the picture link. I prefer myspace for picture hosting because it is free and easy and they don't seem to ever remove content after a period of time like other services. You will find most here not only Gt crazy but Ducati crazy, thats why we are called Bevelheads :-D Jordan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”