New member (New Zealand)

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Ducrider52
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New member (New Zealand)

Post by Ducrider52 »

Hi All;

Just a note to say hi to everyone. I am an expat Canadian living in New Zealand (bikers paradise).
I have just purchased my 2nd Ducati a few weeks ago to compliment my 04 800S. It is a 1980 900SD Darmah frame # 904482 that came over here from Aus in 1989 (I am the 3rd owner). I got cheap because of a noisy motor. I stripped it last weekend and found the noise to be the rear big end so am up for a big end assembly first off (ouch). It looks fairly original and will hopefully soon be back to its former glory it is Orange at present but will be restored in black and gold.I have done lots of restorations over the years (all British) but this is my first Bevel Ducati
I will undoubtedly have heaps of questions in the months to come. Thanks Steve for a great forum and I will be visiting your on line store. Here is a picture of my treasure as purchased 3 weeks ago.
Regards
Reg
04 800S
80 900SD Darmah
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

hey reg, wecome aboard. of course it is your bike to do with what you like, but the red and white ones are very uncommon. If it were mine I would keep the color original, or evben better yet, if the paint is in decent shape, just polish and wax....... It can only be original once ya know!!!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Ducrider52
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Ducrider52 »

Thanks for your comments Steve. Painting is a ways off yet, you never know I might keep the colour (it is the original paint job) but the bike will need painting as the tank is crazy cracked and two small dents. The previuos owner also touched up the side panels and didn't match the colour. He also had 36 mm Mikuni carbs installed in it and the aircleaner on the L/H side stuck out too much so he cut the sidcover. I will have to find one of those as well. I put the Dellorto's back on the day I got the bike and it instantly ran a hell of a lot better even with one of the float needles not sealing. I'm in the process of making a puller to get the flywheel gear off at the moment then I can replace the bigend assembly and reassemble. Everything else looks sweet.
Regards
Reg
04 800S
80 900SD Darmah
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

keep us up to date with yoru progress with notes and photos [if you have the time etc]. THANK YOU
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
jc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Darmah

Post by jc »

I Reg, Where abouts in NZ are you? I am in Auckland and also have a Darmah. I bought mine in Aus and it was originally red/white also.
My neighbour rebuilt his his S2 recently, did all the work himself including rebuilding the crank. I had my motor rebuilt by Desmocycle in Christchurch and it goes well. I take it out on odd weekends for a good thrash.

cheers
John
john
Ducrider52
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Darmah

Post by Ducrider52 »

Hi John;
I am in Auckland as well. Send an email to me at [email protected] if you want to catch up for a ride sometime.
Regards
Reg
04 800S
80 900SD Darmah

Return to “Introduce Yourself”