Well I`ll be.......

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

Well I`ll be.......

Post by Lumpy »

This is nothing to do with Ducati but and interesting story outlining how HRD Vincent made aeronautical engines for drones. It`s very easy to see the similarity to the famous Black Shadow engine and aparently utilised many of the same parts.
http://www.myvincent.co.uk/gallery.php?id=31

I got this story off a site called thekneeslider.com If your into your motorbikes and the engineering of them you gotta bookmark this one. There are some people doing some amazing things with the humble motor bike out there. Some of it is brilliant and some of it is just plain bizzare. Never fail to raise an eyebrow when I log onto this site.

On one occasion some time ago they had a guy who got a belt drive Duc that only ran on one cylinder. The rear cylinder was converted to a compressor and used to supercharge the front cylinder!!!!! Even more amazing was that he got horsepower gains out of it.
sHanNoN
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sHanNoN »

whoa..

thanks for sharing the thought..

tsk.. tsk.. tsk..
radecal
Parallel Twin

Re: Well I`ll be.......

Post by radecal »

A good friend of mine told me many years ago about some buried Vincent engines in the Middle East. He was over there when the Brits were having a stoush with the arabs over the Suez I believe. He told me that they had auxiliary powerpacks used to assist the jets and that they were Vincent powered.
When they were withdrawing (near Aden I believe but memory is dodgy), they buried a lot of gear they couldn't take back and there were complete powerpacks and spare engines. He always said he would like to go back there and dig them up but never had the chance.
Very interesting man now departed unfortunately. Who was he? Reg Craig - son of Norton legend Joe Craig and brilliant Norton spannerman in his own right.
Regards,
RAD

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”