bruce where are you

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 am

hey bruce
definitely rule 1 &2 on that one
you are the original bm(in name only)
another 537 posts and you will be bm2
but i tell you its hard to post that much stuff when one has nothing
but i do know about the ss engine breather but im not telling-not even to martin--hahaha

bm1
so much time--so little to say

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Steve, We haven't seen much of your silver restoration project lately. Whazhappenin' man or are you concentrating on another of the machines in your stable? Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen a photo of any of Martin's bikes, only parts of them or just parts generally.

bm2
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:33 am

sheez bm2 you got pms or what-ive been doing little bits and pieces like sorting out the brakes,swing arm grease nipple,rebuilding original rear shocks,finishing wiring loom-etc--nothing exciting but necessary.
you know my "stable" was a bs story to put that upstart on ms back in his place-he was 22 and had owned a 600 monster for 5 minutes-came into the vintage section and caused trouble-hey even you gave him crap.
dont get up martin-ive met martin personally,hes a great guy-and there are pics of his bikes on this site.hes one of the few guys left with bevels who will do anything for a like minded person-ask around-hes old school---
im making him a replica loom for the 76 ss he just got--at cost--thats the way we work--what goes around comes around-hes looking for a few parts for me.yes we blabber-but hey we enjoy all life has to offer--mostly our mates

heres an update

ozihotrod
Mach 3

Post by ozihotrod » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:44 am

:shock: lights action no motor bugga
from little things -big things grow

ozihotrod
Mach 3

Post by ozihotrod » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 am

hey nice tyres, but their like teflon blocks when ya get on the road, na just pullin ya leg nice job.
from little things -big things grow

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Bruce , I have posted pictures of the two bikes that are running , in a few weeks I will be starting to re-assemble the resto SSD
Like Steve said "I'm old school" I dont think you see me on a belt drive any time soon, with the exception of a 851 tri color

Hey Steve good to see your wearing them approved safety boots :lol:

Aussiess
750 GT

Post by Aussiess » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Hey Steve "aka bm1", it appears the bike is coming together well, im noticing a mention to another site? Is this another "bike that cant be named"forum? Got a link?

Ive met Martin as well and I agree, he's a decent bloke in a world of illusionists and rip off merchants. We have done similar things in respect swaping /trading/buying parts. My NCR replica stops on the track courtesy of a value set of discs I needed and he had. (Not trying to pump your ego here Martin!)

Steve- I did rebuild those shocks I got off you and repainted etc, but the grey colour wasnt right and Im still looking for one more original 78-79 standard 10mm shaft marzochi shock so I can rebuild my original SS shock set (how I ended up with only 1 original shock I dont know!). Add to that as you said and I did know, they were Drama shocks so the bottom body section was shorter than the SS.
Ive rebuilt an old set of Black Stradas I had laying around and they are on it at the moment. I may even go back to a decent set of Konis /Ikons but the originals are the "best"?? (well sort of).

Bruce, have you found any other like minded people over your way yet or they still to be educated, I noted you referenced somewhere else you have been a guzzi man in a past life, me too. Im still thinking of replacing a recently sold 95 1100 sport. Funny that you have em, you ride and love em, you find something else and then you sell em and forever regret it! "Ce la vie"....
Has the snows melted yet mate to allow you to get out? Id guess it would be mozzie season?
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Guys, if that picture of Steve in his garage was taken in my shed I would be wearing snowshoes not flip-flops.

Funny about the Guzzi. In many ways I preferred the Duke when I had them both at the same time. For some reason I decided to downsize so I followed up on a long-standing offer to purchase it. When I think back though I had more speeding tickets and traffic violations with the LeMans than I had with any other bike even though it seemed slow and clunky at the time. I actually got three in one day once. It was a deceptive machine.

I do like the look of the older V11 Sports though, especially the green and red ones. I could also see myself with a belt drive Ducati if I could justify it, maybe the new HyperMotard.

I'm licencing the Duke for this year tomorrow although I have sneaked out on it already. There is a local Ducati club here so I may do a few rides with them this summer. Mine will be the only bevel though.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Steve, can't see the JOD with all that light shining in my eyes :lol: Nice legs by the way.

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:27 am

now bruce-flip flops-thats new zealand---aussie,thongs
hi bruce,grant and all you other weather watchers-its chilly here-down to 14 tonight-not a shovel in sight
global warming is upon us and the australian government has asked all bevel owners with 40mm's and contis to down grade to 32's-with air filters and laffra somthings--we must all do our bit to reduce carbon emissions-hey ive even agreed to shut my mouth-periodicly
owners of the black plague are exempt from this -because putting silver pill breathing on the black plague creates no extra carbon

bm1

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm

bm1 - we used to call them thongs rather than flip-flops in my youth but that term is now used to describe an article of women's underwear.

bm2
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:42 am

hey grant
whats the eye to eye mm of your 1 only shock?
post up a pick so i can see what you need--you never know

bm1

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey Penpal,

Whats happening in Oz lately? Things seem awfully quiet. Too cold to ride perhaps?

I was talking to someone in town the other day who emigrated here from the UK. She said she considered moving to Australia but there were too many creepy-crawlies there for her. Was she talking about Australian men I wonder?

Passinglane
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Grover
Parallel Twin

Bruce

Post by Grover » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:54 am

Creepy crawlies????....wow, she has met BM1 already?.....lol....must say mate, the shiny lighht takes ones attention of your legs!! (thank God)
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am

g1-you see ---i was calling it the black plague-that was being nice-------
now they are calling it the swine plague -scientists are,as we speak, looking for a pill to cure this swine malaise---gold-?-no,,red-?-no,,blue-?-no.
--what all of the world needs is the silver bullet--in a pill form---hahaha

arrogance is a gift---trust me :-D

sp1

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”