aussie,aussie,aussie

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 am

so your looking for red paint then-the original colour of the plague
bm1
so much time--so little to say

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Tue May 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I note with interest that the collective nouns for tigers are an ambush or a swift.

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 am

i would have thought-a murder of plagues or even a trifle
who makes up those collective nouns anyway?
a stupendous of silver pills-now were talkin

bm1

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 am

or maybe a pit of slivers

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:11 am

thats the best ya got--pphhhh
thought youd come up with something like a common of pills
got one for the b.p.-- a rash of plagues

g1 right--older and eerr less good looking?-g2 's words not mine-hahaha

bm1

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:16 am

g1 -i can see you

bm1

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Thu May 07, 2009 5:18 am

and I can see you too. Trying to do some work on the PC but having trouble so keep drifting onto bevhev waiting to see what pearls of wisdom you are offering up. Had a note from G2 today and it would appear that 3 bevels will be following the twisty bits to the national d thing rally at mt tambourine next weekend. been busy with loctite and anti sieze grease any fool can get on a belty and arrive with no stories to tell.

Grover
Parallel Twin

Aussie

Post by Grover » Thu May 07, 2009 5:50 am

Heheheheh...what say G1 we take some pics of the mighty tiger headed beasts in the mountains somewhere along the way....that way we can show we actually ride them, not push them around the backyard making noises or have them in your shed and just dream about the day you can ride again. I say you should have to prove you ride or forever remain in the darkness of silence!!!, which by the way is where pretenders belong!!!.....turn off the shed lights now BM1!!!
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 am

hahaha-g1-i love that combination of locktite and anti sieze grease-it allows things to fall off with dignity and exonerates the owner---hey i used locktite--also gives you cred among those in the know---if things dont fall off your on a belt for sure---

bm1

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Sat May 09, 2009 2:28 am

pils=tablets how about a vile(vial) of tablets

bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:31 am

Hi Ozzies, Some of my relatives moved to oz in the 1950s , from the sound of it you'r having a rough time, I'll expect them back any time then!! , if its as hot as you say I would build a shade roof over my shed leaving open space for cooling. Can't be any fun riding though,Rain today and 26 degrees, cool green Kent lanes to ride in .

Grover
Parallel Twin

Aussie

Post by Grover » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Nah Bob, here where I live we have beautifull twisty hot mix paved roads through the mountains, gets up to 40 degrees C on the bad days, great for riding the bikes like they should be, just jet them rich and enjoy!!!!
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!

machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Too hot??? Over here in the west it's been raining solid for two weeks and there no sign of it stopping for another 4 days yet. To make things worse, I've got a 750 GT with a freshly rebuilt engine begging to be run in on a country road. Roll on sping, this is killing me.

PaulMac
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Fires in Australia

Post by PaulMac » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 am

In reply to Bob Norton:

"Why dont you build fire proof exteriors to houses in bush areas?? Fire proof paint has been around for many years.Timber can be treated to make ignition all but impossible."

It's hard to explain to someone the sheer ferocity of a bush fire with a force10 gale behind it. You can paint your house in any bloody substance you like, but if the windows explode, the metal on the roof melts, and everything inside the house instantly catches fire, you've got no chance.

Good point about building fire shelters. I've never understood the complacency of many who live in these towns in amongst the tall timber. Lovely and picturesque for 8 months of the year....and a time bomb for the other 4. There is some amazing footage from people who had built proper shelters and filmed the fire arriving, and then 10 minutes later, departing, having swept all before it.

radecal
Parallel Twin

Post by radecal » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 am

In reply to PaulMac et al:

"It's hard to explain to someone etc."

Preaching to the converted here mate (firey for 30 years and instructor in wildfire/air ops). Unless you have been at the front and seen how the fire overruns everything, it's bloody hard to explain to other people what happens as you said.
We use the video of the Canberra fires in our training and it leaves even experienced fireys dumbfounded and shocked.
Currently running in the 40's here with no hope of riding except around daybreak (bitumen starts melting by 1100hrs and feels like the brakes are grabbing continuously!!!! ).
RAD

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”