aussie,aussie,aussie

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

aussie,aussie,aussie

Post by nottonight68 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 am

the aussie thread has begun-darn 40+ temp-too hot to do anything,bushfires,oldies dying,gfc,gst,bloody e bay-will we survive-
our sense of humour is still intact-although not understood by some-the aussie dollar -im not happy with him-k rudd?????
anyway whats happening in your state
cheers ozy steve

bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 am

In a state here alright, snow up to knees, pipes frozen, roads untreated,schools shut, Oh for 40 degees , yes please, too cold to work on bike, but give it a few days and all will be back to normal, Dont like the sound of the bush fires, Why dont you build fire proof exteriors to houses in bush areas?? Fire proof paint has been around for many years.Timber can be treated to make ignition all but impossible.

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 am

hi bob
snow is one thing-actually i guess its lots of little things combined
bush fires-now thats a nother thing-people build in inappropriate places
but these fires are burning 100 ft high trees and travelling at gt (not ss) pace-nothing i mean nothing stops them-fire retardant paint will not save your home when the whole area is on fire-this is scary dog doodie-when it happens people run for their lives-the sad part is a lot of these fires are deliberatly lit
-ozy ozy ozy

ozihotrod
Mach 3

Post by ozihotrod » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 pm

bobnorton notonight68 is talkin 40c thats like 115F + in the shade, the shed that i work in has been over 60c every day now for 10 days,where we live we have not had more than a few mm of rain in about 2 to 3 months every thing is bone dry, when a fire takes off , with a hot inland north wind by jeeps look out.
from little things -big things grow

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 am

waaaaait a minute-i start an aussie thread and the first reply is from england-bloody slack ozys-but your welcome bob-visit again-ive banished myself to this room for too much blabbering,-just remember-this is off topic-so no on topic talk or you will be warned.
finally krudd is giving me some money-bout time us dinks got something
hahaha

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:15 am

What money is Krudd giving you Sir Nott...are you on a special list or somethin feller ??? as Hanson would say PLEASE EXPLAIN :-D :lol: :-D

Aussiess
750 GT

Post by Aussiess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:23 am

Thought I would get in on theis OZ chat- agreed guys this weather is damn strange. Even up here in the blue mtns we had 42 deg C, and for a few days in a row over weekend. Rest of last few weeks high 30s . Yet up north the country floods??
I hope k-rudd supplies me with a few $$, but I am sure he will work out a way to get it back quick enough. I know push the pertrol price back up, thats it!
Bring on the spring I say...... Looking forward to the Barry Sheene meet at ECrk
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 am

sir nott?-thats spelt with a c for a start,and welcome to the aussie thread martin-$950 once turnbull pulls his head in.
so hows that thing, which we cant mention here for fear of being warned, coming along-bought it yet-
anyway with ozy blabber i'm gunna be busy-not
im trying to work out to put a thing at the bottom of my posts saying death to fire bugs.-never worked that stuff out-too busy posting :-D :-D :-D :-D

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 am

welcome grant
we pay tax-he gives it back-we know the circle goes on forever
42 in the mountains-thats hot-problem a lot have had is their shed is a tin one in the back yard-ozi-hr said 60 in the shed-mines pretty hot-yours?
probably air cond hahahahaha
mine would be too if i had those things (which we cant mention)in it
cheers-jack horner in the corner

Aussiess
750 GT

Post by Aussiess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:47 am

Air conditioning, now theres a thought......
I'd have to find wall space! Funny . it has just rained and we have had the thunderstorm from hell, you gotta luv global warming eh.
If only we could predict it a bit better.
As for our friends in the nth hemishpere, they seem to be getting hammered with the direct opposites.
I was gunna do some painting of the house, but thought it might dry on the brush!
Hope its better in SA for you now.
Regards,
Grant

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:58 am

cool change here-but goin back to 37 on sat.
now you talked about barry sheene and e cr -i thought you were about to blurt out the D word-that is banned-please use-'the bike that we wont mention' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all this talk about weather-i think i'll start collecting shovels
cheers jack horner

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 am

Hey Guys, What is the Barry Sheene thing at the creek

Aussiess
750 GT

Post by Aussiess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 am

If you are into Historics or post classics or for that matter just want to go to a great no hassle day out, Then easter weekend its on. There is a swap meet Sunday morning and a show and shine (its a great place to get secure parking if you take your bevwel I reckon).
If you are looking for "bike that can not be named"parts they do turn up at the swap. but get there early.
I even got an oil catch tank off an M*R for a few bucks last year. That was a find!
The pits are open and the riders and bikes are really accessible.
Have a look at youtube - the perfect corner, there is an "episode" on last years event- a few of the bikes.
I have been going to the event for a few years now and took my daughter along when she was young (and it was back then just a historic meet), and she loved it. Its family friendly and I think this year they are even allowing people to camo at the track. There is a website barrysheene.com.au or something like that
Regards,
Grant

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:24 am

welcome garry
we are waiting for enlightment from grant-he's probably worried about drifting to on topic
sir nott

garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks Grant, Unfortunately I have to work Easter as I swapped the weekend before it so I could go to autoitalia in Canberra. Used to get to some of the post classics and historics at Wakefield when I was working in Goulburn. Even managed to run into Phil from Road and Race at one of them.
At wakefield at one meeting those d things had to ride up the right hand side of the main straight to put as much distance between them and the noise meter

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”