Bugs and all ?

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Bugs and all ?

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 am

Today was the day that for the 1st time in lets say a bloody long time (8yrs) that I went for a ride , The US bike looked good and was ready to go, I normally never do anything like this but the time was right , took a plate a spare rego'd bike and away I went!!!!!!!!!

Ahh the smell, the vib , wind and the wrist was starting to tingle from the angle of the clip-on's etc etc, thinking back of the years gone bye I remembered the stones hitting me knees and yep same thing happened tonight Phuck dont they hurt or is this just a getting old thing (45):lol: but the one thing that I always hated was those bloody bugs hitting your eyeballs geez dont they wake you up in a hurry , so I called into a mates place some 40k's away , heard you coming for miles he said, sure sounds great as he handed me a turkey and moments were spent talking about the good old days before I headed home, You know when you havent ridden for such a long time and the road is full of nice corners 120kmh sure felt like 180 but in all I did something that I hadnt done for over 20yrs and I will get her rego'd before taking her out again Bloody felt great just the same

Brendon next time up your way we'll have a few !!!

Craig in France
Cagiva Gran Canyon

It's been a long time since ...

Post by Craig in France » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 am

Blimey, Martin, that IS one hell of a long time. I won't ask why ...

Anyways, good to hear you're back in the saddle. Have a blast ... Just take it easy the first few times, eh?

We only have little flies here in the northern hemisphere, not the flying bricks you guys have. But they try to make up in numbers what they lack in size ...

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 am

Hey Craig dont worry we have those here as well and they sting like heck
Tell me why are you running fork tube boots ?
I must send you my 2nd SSD numbers for your collection as well but not tonight as I'm happily having several wild turkeys at the moment ,
Dont worry I never over do it it 1st time back in the saddle

Craig in France
Cagiva Gran Canyon

Post by Craig in France » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 am

Martin Mille / SSD wrote:Hey Craig dont worry we have those here as well and they sting like heck
Tell me why are you running fork tube boots ?
I must send you my 2nd SSD numbers for your collection as well but not tonight as I'm happily having several wild turkeys at the moment ,
Dont worry I never over do it it 1st time back in the saddle
Hi Martin,

Yeh, well, I got the bike like that, so I've just kinda left 'em. They don't bother me - so I don't bother them! If the seals ever need replacing, I might take them off. But, then again, the fact that the seals aren't leaking is probably a testimony to the benefit of having fork gaiters :-)

I am really, really CRAP when I've been off a bike for any length of time. It always takes me a good few runs to get back into it ...

Yeh, numbers of your Parts Bin Special ;) when you can ...

Enjoy the Wild Turkeys. "wee wee of the Devil" is what the locals here call anything that isn't squeezed out of grape juice ...

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:31 am

hey martin
did i read right-8 years without riding

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:12 am

Yes mate you did , Kids and Work and being on 24/7 call makes for a slim time in riding , but now that the kids are getting bigger and there is some light at the end of the tunnel I will be able to get out more and when the SSD that I'm re-storing came up I made that the turn round point if you know what I mean and I'm looking forward to you could say 8)

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:27 am

Judging from what I saw this morning I guess I won't have to worry about bugs for awhile.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:38 pm

make sure you warm the ss up real well before going out in that weather

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............Looking at the picture , Did SS's ever come out with those wheels?

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:48 pm

maybe they're the only ones that accept snow chains

abmartin
SSD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:19 pm

30 cm and still falling. Those are the infamous Speedline wheels, reputed to self-destruct. Mine are still hanging in there after 30 years but I am getting ready to build up a set of spoked wheels.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:24 pm

The Australian Ducati Distributor,Frazers and they still are,had lots of huge glass windows in there main shop,when the wheel controversy was at its height and a recall was constantly being urged with an also constant refusal was happening,one night every window in the joint got smashed,
there was some very angry bevel owners around at the time,what with the potential for a wheel to brake up at speed,I seem to remember it was also around the time that the carbon wheel broke on Freddy Spencer's GP Honda,both got a lot of attention.

kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:14 am

hey Martin,

Glad to hear you got a ride in,8 yrs ehh,been 7 for me.watching the traffic going to work up here is F#@*!* scary,nutthin like it used to be.

Will be taking it very carefully when i do get back on for a ride.

Anytime your up this way mate,give me a yell and your more than welcome to catch up and drink turkeys and talk bevels.

KRACKA

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 am

Mate I will be at the Gold Coast for 3 day next month(16,17th driving back 18th) by car that is as I have to pick up my race engine and some other bits , if your around sure call in Turkey well I'd say I owe some LOL
ps;have they turned up yet???

kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:48 am

Nope not yet,wont be far away.(tomorrow i bet)

I'LL be getting parts back from chromers about those dates,there at the coast.

Will pm ya and see if we can catch up ok?

KRACKA

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”