West Coast - USA

Post your misc Moto Photos here.... Races, rides, whatever.... Road trip stories and photos, general photographic discussion - anything camera related.
Osred
Diana

West Coast - USA

Post by Osred »

How I love the West Coast. :rad: The following photographs were taken in March 2008 on a trip from Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California via Interstate 5 and back to Seattle via U.S. Highways 1 and 101. I clocked in more than 3000 miles over the course of this trip while on my 1990 BMW R100GS, a tried and true machine. As you can see, I really took a shine to San Simeon State Park and the surrounding area. I would say that the best stretch of road was northbound from San Luis Obispo to San Francisco along the coastline. Enjoy!

Arrival at San Simeon, California

San Simeon Sunset

San Simeon Sunrise

Another Amazing Day of This!!!
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme."
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

We drove several times in a rental car parts of that stretch, it's great indeed!!
When our 5 year old son is a little older, we're coming back for more!!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

nice shots - thanks for posting them. I used to live in Los Osos, which is the back part of Morro Bay, just east of San Luis Obispo. I taught at the high school in Cambria which is a few miles south or San Simeon.

I do miss that place.............. :cry:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Osred
Diana

So close...

Post by Osred »

Steve,

I regret not giving you a call when I was in the area! Next time for sure.

Cheers,
Chris
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme."
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Nice trip! I did it from Portland, Oregon to LA in late November '95 with my Ford Probe GT, sunroof open all the way.

A friend has what looks to be a similar BMW. He and his wife just got back from a trip from Germany to South Africa via Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Ethiopia and the rest of the east coast of Africa, return via Dubai, NYC, Newfoundland and across Canada to Calgary. Check out their website at http://www.ekke-audrey.ca/index.htm for some fantastic photos and narrative.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Beautiful,I rode LA to Monterey back in 95 on an Electraglide.Footboards be damned what a wonderful road except for the morning fog.Hope to get back before it all slides underwater.

Return to “Moto Photos / Photography”