Clutch leaver rattle 900ss 1977

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
seddy
Mariana

Clutch leaver rattle 900ss 1977

Post by seddy »

Stupid question, but my clutch actuator lever at the engine end, is rattling from side to side enough that I can here it when I am riding. I have tried tightening up the cable but that doesnt stop it. The rattle is side to side, is this something I should investigate further?

Thanks
My motorcycle WAS older than my girlfriend.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

rattles

Post by BevHevSteve »

Pull the cover, lube the pivot and the rods with grease. You might find that the pivot pin has worn the holes oblong which is not a good thing. These areas need to stay greased up and adjusted correctly. Make sure there is a wad of grease where the last rod sits in the actuator arm also
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
seddy
Mariana

No Clutch

Post by seddy »

OK, pulle the cover off, there is wear, but have decided to leave it for winter, grease everything up, put it back together, and now I have no clutch. The actuator arm moves as far as it will go but the clutch does not disengage the drive Any ideas?
seddy
Mariana

it gets better then it gets worse

Post by seddy »

OK the clutch works now, but because I called the bike all sorts of bad names screw number 30 on the cover threaded. As this will be a pain to fix because ALL the treads cameout on the screw, anyone have any thoughts on riding without it until winter?.

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”