exhaust removal

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
stuart
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

exhaust removal

Post by stuart »

hello all . i will soon need to remove the front and rear pipes(exhaust) now i have the correct spanner .but looks like a former owner had tried and butchered the fins. i have enough of the fins left to fit the spanner .but am a little.worried about trying .all i need is a bit of encouragement . and by the way it a 1980 sd 900 thanks all
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

exhausting

Post by BevHevSteve »

Stuart, don;t worry too much -

Just try to hold the spanner so it nestles in as best as you can, and give her a twist. If things don;t go far, STOP, spray on some KROIL or LIQUID WRENCH etc and let set for awhile, then give her another try. A little bit forward then backward..... then forward a bit farther then back, spray, and keep at it slowly and it will eventually come loose all the way.

Or, it just might be very easy to remove once you start
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
stuart
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: exhaust removal

Post by stuart »

looking at when posted this little did i know that it would take so long to remove the exhaust ring well after following the advice on here it finally came out with no damage to the threads ended up using a 2ft stilson a chisel and hammer and lots of heat . the only thing that delayed me was my lack of confidence but all ok in the end .
so thanks to everyone that gave me advice

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”