new pistons

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Spagjet
Mach 3

new pistons

Post by Spagjet »

Hi all,
wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get a hold of a pair of first oversize (86 and a half or so) forged pistons for my '81 Darmah? I am in Australia but won't baulk at buying from OS if the price/postage is right. I am hearing that JE pistons are the go nowadays which are made in the states as I understand it. If anyone can tell me where i can get hold of a set I would very much appreciate it. I hear the Aussie distributors are Albion motorcycle wreckers but I am buggered if I can get the phone number for them to do anything but make annoying loud beeping sounds. Up to my balls in Ducati guts, better get back to it before I forget where I was.......

I am not only looking for JE's, Borgos or RAM's would be all good (I'm probably living in the past there, it's been 15 years since I actually had to hunt Ducati pistons last time)
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Re: new pistons

Post by Vince »

Lots in the Laverda world are using Ross Pistons,worth some checking out
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Engine-Re ... 900-Bevel/
Here you go - in stock and well made piece of kit.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Spagjet
Mach 3

Post by Spagjet »

thanks for the replies. I had a cast around for Ross pistons that would fit my model Ducati but came up empty. Thanks for letting me know about them, never heard of that brand before. Thanks for the info on genuine (shocked they are still available) and Carillo items Steve (heard they are the go to mob for big ends now so the pistons would be great I imagine), if the Oz dollar hadn't done it's little downward dance lately I would now be being tortured with indecision about whether to go genuine or Carillo and be getting a set on their way to me by now. I can get JE's here in Oz for $660 and some postage so I'll keep my options open for a bit yet.
Spagjet
Mach 3

Post by Spagjet »

I went with the JE option in the end, pistons and newly bored barrels will be back here in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the replies

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”