Gearbox - Nova

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
ducksandhogs
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Gearbox - Nova

Post by ducksandhogs »

If anyone else out there through necessity is contemplating gearbox work in the future, you might be interested in this response to an e-mail I sent to Nova Racing.
Hi Mike,

thank you for your enquiry and I apologise for the delayed response.

We have had a lot of enquiry's for gearboxes for these engines and we are currently in the process of finishing the design of a 5 and 6 speed. However with the various variations between the 750 and 900 and also the square and roundcase engines we will have to double check exact compatibility. We will in time have a gearbox to fit all variants, as I believe a different mainshaft length comes into it somewhere!!

I am hoping by the end of this year we will have ones ready for general sale as we are yet to finalise, prototype and test.

Regards

Sean Whittaker
General Manager
Nova Racing Transmissions Ltd

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)1403 711312
Fax: +44 (0)1403 713207

Unit 12 Star Road Industrial Estate, Star Road, Partridge Green, West Sussex, RH13 8RA
Registered In England 2438157
VAT Number 550-6594-34
joepagejr
Mariana

Re: Gearbox - Nova

Post by joepagejr »

This will be awesome.
1975 Ducati 860 GT - 850589
2002 Ducati ST4s
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Re: Gearbox - Nova

Post by Aussiess »

This does sound promising. I have a set of Nova Straight cut primaries in my race bike, and they work fine, and gotta love the straight cut sound!. If you guys are looking for a test mule for the box, I would be prepared to give it a go in my race bike here in OZ. (PM me)
best of luck,
regards
Grant
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”