is my Ducati 750 gt or Sport

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
ugisducati
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

is my Ducati 750 gt or Sport

Post by ugisducati »

Hi, i just recently bought a Ducati 750. All the guidelines tell me its a GT model. But on side of the frame by the chain i found numbers ,saying "Ducati DM 750 S" , along with other numbers 0755.88.130 and 9 R - 9596. Question is : is that possible its a Sport model , cause its says DM 750 S ??? and what all those other numbers mean? thank you
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: is my Ducati 750 gt or Sport

Post by BevHevSteve »

it's possible, but, that is the exhaust homologation tag....... Post a photo of your bike from the side and we can give you some advise.......
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Re: is my Ducati 750 gt or Sport

Post by Steve Foster »

All of the GTs and Sports had the same model homologation "DM 750 S". I think that the "9 R 9596" designation was for the intake (air filters) and exhaust system.
Although it is not listed in the 750 Spare Parts Catalogue (October 1974 edition), and it is not shown in the exploded parts illustration for the frame and bodywork, I think that the 0755.88.130 represents the part number of the homologation plate itself. However, there is a specific part number for the "Targhetta omologazione" listed in the 860 spare parts catalogue and it is also shown in the parts diagram, unlike that for the 750.
Cheers
Steve
1974 Ducati 750 GT

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”