Squish Clearance 74 750 GT

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Bern
Parallel Twin

Squish Clearance 74 750 GT

Post by Bern »

Hi folks,

Got my heads back, new pistons and newly bored cylinders.
Getting ready to reassemble the top end. I just wanted to get the squish clearances when I reassemble? I am using sport pistons.

Thanks,
Bernie
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Squish Clearance 74 750 GT

Post by wdietz186 »

Shoot for about 1.0mm-1.5mm
Bern
Parallel Twin

Post by Bern »

Ended up with 1.0 on the front and 1.15 on the rear. Bikes is running great, except it's leaking oil out of the vertical bevel tower at the very top. :( I did put a little silicone in there when I assembled it but it looks like I didn't use enough. Looks like the head has to come off. :evil:
Oh well at least I know how to do it quickly now. Can't wait to get her out for a long ride. Likely this weekend.

B
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Before you pull the head,try turning the tube and /or move it up or down some. Sometimes when you pull the head down the o ring will twist a tiny bit and cause a leak,moving the tube lets it untwist and seal if you are lucky. I use a thinned pair of faucet pliers with soft jaws but rubber on some regular pliers works too.You don't have to move it much, 30 deg. or so usually does it.

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”