SS Darmah neutral switch support

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
gioto3
Diana

SS Darmah neutral switch support

Post by gioto3 »

I'm desperately searching for 0799.49.053 neutral switch support for my 900 SS Darmah.
All the neutral switch pieces were lacking in my bike. I have read in the forum that the neutral switch warning light usually don't work in bevel twin and don't have a real utility, but nevertheless I'd like to rebuild it. Passions are like that. I have just found the switch and the neutral cam. If someone could post a detailed picture or a drawn with measurements I could try to rebuild it.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Giovanni
mdal
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mdal »

Hi Gio

Just so happens my SSD is in pieces. See photos, if you need more info just ask. What year is your bike? You maybe able to help me with dimensions for footpeg mounts, see frame/chassis forum.

Mark

https://picasaweb.google.com/1173514082 ... directlink[/img]
gioto3
Diana

Post by gioto3 »

Hi Mark,
thanks a lot, it will be very helpful to me, it seems it should be possible to build a working one. I'll try.
My SSD was first registered in 1980, but Ducati factory wrote me iy was built in 1979.
I will be happy to help
Tanks again :)
Giovanni
gioto3
Diana

Post by gioto3 »

Thanks to Mark very detailed pictures and quotes I was able to build a working neutral switch support.
I decided to have an eccentric hole in the round part of the support and to connect it with a bolt instead to weld it, to be able to finely register the working clearance of the switch, and it works very well.
Thanks again Mark
1980 Ducati 900 SS Darmah
1977 Ducati 125 six days
1972 Ducati 450 Scrambler
1953 Ducati 65 Sport
1949 Ducati CCC 60

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”