Need bearing race/sleeve whatever it's called!

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Brotje
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Need bearing race/sleeve whatever it's called!

Post by Brotje »

I'm putting a 1987 750 Paso back together and need the bearing race/sleeve that goes over the right side of the transmission output shaft. It goes between the shaft and the roller bearing on the right side. The bike was disassembled before I got it so this is my last piece prior to reassembly. Any thoughts?
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

It is the inner race of the bearing,Look at the one on the other side and get the bearing number.A good bearing supply should be able to get you one.
Brotje
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Brotje »

I don't think so. It looks like a sleeve that goes over the shaft, between the roller bearings in the case and the shaft. Almost like a protection device to save the shaft if the roller bearings fail. That is good idea though, I'll take some measurements and check out some Industrial bearing supply houses.

Thanks!
Brotje
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

yes

Post by Brotje »

Good call wdietz186, it's an SKF part. I was able to find a replacement for it locally!

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”