What is the length of the adjustment screw.

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
105laptimes
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

What is the length of the adjustment screw.

Post by 105laptimes »

I have a manual and have looked in the forum for the length of the adjustment screw on the ball and rod clutch actuator idea of Ducatis. If anyone could help me with this I am begining to believe I may need to make another rod for my trans. I really am at witts end, this all started with a broken clutch cable.

Thanks
in the garage
The smoke is from the pegs rubbing not the rings leaking!
105laptimes
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

I guess I need to add a bit of info

Post by 105laptimes »

When I disassembled the sprocket side of the trans assembly inbetween the actuator arm and the rounded rod thats fits into it was a 1/4 inch thick washer type thing that didnt look ducati but after careful checking out it was the difference that the ball and rod system needed to have any sort of adjustment. I ordered a manual from Steve and realized that I had all the correct balls and rods and that the 1/4 inch washer was in fact home made and added by the original owner. I removed the washer from the assembly and reinstalled all the rods and balls in the correct order I now have no adjustment. On a side note all the plates are in great condition, the nut on the basket is tight.

Please someone help me.

Ryan
The smoke is from the pegs rubbing not the rings leaking!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Ryan - the overall length of the clutch adjuster is 38.3mm [item # 725.15.0827]
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”