replacement big end

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

replacement big end

Post by nottonight68 »

where in the world does one find a new big end/rod assembly for a 900ss-i have tried all the usual suspects
so much time--so little to say
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Blabbermouth,

2 possibles for you, Smith Kanrin from Japan make a good quality set with 5mm rollers.
I also beleive Gowanlocks are selling sets at the moment for $1300.00 with an alloy roller cage and Carillo rods. my funds would be heading in that direction if it were me.

Cheers
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

thanks rick-if u read my post on the other forum-gowanlocks are almost impossible to deal with-but my quest continues
so much time--so little to say
snodger
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by snodger »

Hi

Have you tried mario sassi web site old racing spare parts he appears to have sets for the 900 ss. don't know what price he sells them for

Hope this may help
Cheers
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

If you can snag a set of Carillo rods get them.They would be the last set of rods you would need to buy.Unless you pretzel them they are almost eternal as the rod bearing race can be replaced instead of the whole rod. As for a source Syd's Cycles might be able to supply you with a rod set.The only problem is they don't have a website and a phonecall to Fla. from Aus. might be a bit pricey.Their Ph. # is in the links section,Talk to Malcome.
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

Gowie now has lots of big end assy's in stock.

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”