Valve seal pulls off..

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Valve seal pulls off..

Post by mizike77 »

My closing rocker on my intake valve is grabbing my valve seal in its fork and yanking it off the valve guide. Seems that the rocker is opening too far, therefore the fork is going too far down the valve stem? Any help appreciated.
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

I see that there are different thickness thrust washers on either side of the rockers. Are the rockers supposed to be shimed over to a certain clearance from the valve stem?
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Mike I think you should get the heads re-shimmed , if the adjustment is incorrect you will end up with bent valves and holes in your pistons,,,not a good look!!!

Who took the heads apart and back together?
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

Right now immessing with the problem head. But when I first built the motor i sent the heads out to a local ducati dealer and the service manager did the adjustment and put the new seals in himself.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

If it was me, I would be taking the head back to him and let him fix the problem as he was to last to work on

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”