Darmah clutch pack

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Darmah clutch pack

Post by mizike77 »

I am repacing my clutch pack on my darmah. Does anyone know the wear limits on the friction and steel plates? Also, why is the first friction plate spot welded to the inside of the pressure plate? How are you to replace this...chisel the spot welds off?
Grover
Diana

Darmah Clutch

Post by Grover »

The one in the clutch drum stays there, just fit up a sureflex clutch kit, all you need is in the kit.
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

OK my next issue is that my clutch seems to be sticking on one side. When you pull the lever in the pressure plate pushes out crooked. I removed all the plates and springs and everything seems to be in order.
Grover
Diana

Darmah Clutch

Post by Grover »

Yes mine was lifting crooked a swell, I just kept swapping springs about until i got it to lift evenly.....maybe someone else has a better solution.....hopefully.
seacoast69
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by seacoast69 »

It is dissengaging ? just not square. Buy some new spring you cheap skate! Bike poor ? LOL Tell your girl you want them for fathers day.

Oh you didn't mention that you have 5 HD springs & one stock spring and it made no difference where the stock one was located it still worked cocked.
Grover
Diana

Darmah Clutch

Post by Grover »

Seacoast69, if you were referring to me when you used the word cheapskate, I think you owe me an apology as you do not know me in any shape or form and I dont think there is a place for you on this forum........it has 6 new springs in it, I swapped them around as there may well be a mismatch in machining heights of the clutch assembly. By the way the female in my life is my wife, I do not degrade her by simply referring to her as my girl.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

NICE INTRO POST SEASOL69
so much time--so little to say
seacoast69
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by seacoast69 »

I'm picking on my friend Mike, if I insulted you or anyone else I apologize. I' have been helping him with his bike from the beginiing and every time there is a slight problem he over reacts. I was just filling in some of the detail he is leaving out that may help everyone understand whats going on and help find his cure. The clutch does fully disengage just cocked. He thinks this will cause a vibration. He has been putting allot of money into this bike and it never seems to ends, but the springs are a little expense compared to headwork, pistons, tank, seat pan, etc. that he has bought, it's getting down to the nitty gritty and so close to being done.

Mike: Start selling some of those spares and build you repair funds, I'm sure there are Darmah people needing parts that you have ?
Grover
Diana

Darmah Clutch

Post by Grover »

Apology accepted unconditionally mate!
seacoast69
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by seacoast69 »

Any thought on this causing vibration ? Somehow I don't think it will, uneven engagement may cause the clutch to wear funny ?
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

What usually happens with a worn set of plates is the clutch will chatter which could be described as a vibe but only when engaging the clutch.After you are moving and the clutch is fully released any shake will have a different origin.

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”