Oil Dipstick levels...

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Oil Dipstick levels...

Post by mizike77 »

My Darmah does not have a dip stick on the filler plug. (due to the 2 into 1 pipe i think. You wouldnt be able to pull it out.) Can someone give me the measurements of the upper and lower fill lines on the dipstick from the bottom o the filler plug please? Thanks, Mike
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

Hi, If no-one else has posted I'll check tomorrow and let you know after work, (Oz time)

Tomo
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

ancient folklore something along the lines of index finger in 2nd knuckle on edge, tip of finger in warm oil at least 1 hour after ride to allow both the oil to drain from the heads and to cool down enough not to burn your finger( i guess it depends on how long your fingers are)
Grover
Diana

Dipstick

Post by Grover »

Mate, just checked the plug on my spare engine, from the bottom of the plug to the full mark is 13mm, from the bottom of the plug to the add mark its 36mm. Hope that helps you out mate.
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

I came up with very similar measurements- 12mm from bottom of thread to full mark, 35mm to low mark ( 61mm total length of rod)

Cheers Tomo
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

Thank you guys !
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

On my 750 and 900[s] the full level is just below the last thread for the plug on the case.This is with using the plug dipstick and setting the plug in the hole but not screwing it in. This brings the level to about 3/4" below the floor of the windage tray below the crankshaft but allows the lower trans gears to pick up and throw oil around and keep the gears happy.On most bevels this amounts to 4qts. or so.

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”