750 Sport Exhaust Question

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

750 Sport Exhaust Question

Post by Gum »

Gday, before I rush of and get it all chromed, my 1973 Sport has cromed headers and the balance pipe is as well [ it does not look that chrome now, the balance pipe that is ]. Now the clamps, are they Chrome ????, also the nuts and bolts on the clamps, what finish are they suppose to be, these parts are far to gone for me to tell. Also the header flanges when cleaned look like they are brass, is this correct or where they painted, just cant remember seeing a Ducati with shiny exhaust flanges. Thanks in advance as I want it correct.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Gum, The clamps are chrome and the bolts were cad.plated. The exhaust nuts to the heads are plated brass.They weren't real shiny so I guess they are cad plated too.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I believe the exhaust nuts to heads (lock rings) were indeed chrome plated just not buffed out. This would give them a dull or satin look.
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

I went for a plain nickel plate finish on the nuts. No significant polishing; still okk good after 5 years
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

The exhaust nuts are chromed on my bike.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

My nuts are chromed as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do have a set that is just brass and they have never been chromed , I was told these came of a 74 GT , who knows go with the flow do some more research and make up your mind at the end of it

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”