What muffers are these ?

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

What muffers are these ?

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Ok I have another one for you , I have these two mufflers that came on a bike I got , the brackets are all shaped to fit nicely etc and the pots them selfs are think like original conti's were
as you can see the mounting brackets are nothing like conti's and these are designed to fit other bikes as well

Anyone know what or where these pipes cam from ?

I have seen another set on a Duke before but never took that much notice of them back then

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

the slotted bracket welded to the muffler looks like dunstall after market triumph

steve
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

mufflers

Post by Lumpy »

I have seen that before but...................the memory is lost in a myrad of others. I seem to recall possibly on a British bike as Steve says. Might be worth checking the threads on the mounting bolts. If they are Imperial most probably British, Metric.......could be anything. It`s not a bad Idea though, the sliding bracket I mean.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

I seem to remember seeing a listing years ago from Toga a British exhaust manufacturer. I think the Keihan stainless mufflers use the same arrangement on the brackets. Are Conti's getting too dear to risk using for a daily rider?
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

I thought the same as Nottonight for the same reasons, but the ends aren't like that on the Dunstalls I have seen. Has Overlander made pipes like these? Are they stainless?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

no way they are stainless - chec out all the RUST.

They could be BUB mufflers
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Like Steve (US) said , no they are not stainless , another thing is halfmoon shaped baffle flute are 1 1/2 lager than the conti pipes and they are also a lot louder and deeper sounding as well

From the far they look just like Conti's and sure sound the same

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”