Camshaft regrinding

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Norman Castaneda
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Camshaft regrinding

Post by Norman Castaneda »

During engine component inspection, while performing an overhaul, I've discovered pitts in both of the camshafts of of my '74, 750GT. Can anyone recommend a competent machine shop to regrind these parts for me, or is it customary to replace these expensive parts and discard the defective ones? My estimate of the depth of the pits may be in the order .005" inch or so, and they do not appear on the "critical" parts of the lobes. How deep is the hard face treatment of these cams?

Thanks,
Norman Castaneda
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

its the pits

Post by BevHevSteve »

contact MEGA CYCLE to ask them what to do. They do regind and resurface treatment as well as sell replacment cams etc
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
DesmoDog
750 GT

Re: its the pits

Post by DesmoDog »

BevHevSteve wrote:contact MEGA CYCLE to ask them what to do. They do regrind and resurface treatment as well as sell replacement cams etc
Not anymore. At least that's what I was told today when I called to ask. They do still replate rockers though.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

grinding

Post by BevHevSteve »

oh bummer - they used to do all this kind of good work..... They did my rockers and cams on my racebikes through the years.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”