FLYWHEEL PULLER

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

FLYWHEEL PULLER

Post by nottonight68 »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BORROW OR HIRE A FLYWHEEL PULLER FOR EARLY BEVEL IN ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

You could try Ron Young 02 4938 8097 in NSW but don't hold your breath as no one likes to lend there tools .good luck finding a tool to do the job , at best I would take it to a shop and get them to pull it for you
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

You can use a three leg puller to do the job if you are careful. Haynes manual shows this operation.
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

Puller

Post by Lumpy »

I adapted an old harmonic balancer puller and this worked well. If you lay a peice of paper over the stator and rub/press with dirty fingers you get a bit of a template. Take this down to your nearest bearing supplier/auto parts shop/industrial supplier and see if you can get a puller that will match or can be modified to match. Use caution however as the stator can be on the taper very tight and it is important that the puller has a good grip or damage can result. If your not that mechanically inclined take it to a professional.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

puller

Post by nottonight68 »

thanks for jogging my memory . i remember years ago to replace stator plate i used a universal three legged puller.ithink i replaced the arms with bolts and washers that fitted trough the holes although that seems a bit agricultural

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”