Cleaning the motor

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka »

G'day all,

Thought i would let Aussie crowd know ,i found SIMPLE GREEN at my local BUNNINGS WAREHOUSE (QLD).Picked up a 2 litre bottle with a cool little foaming spray bottle for under$27.00.

Cleaned motor up really well.

KRACKA
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Good stuff isn't , tell me what strength did you make it so that it didn't burn the side covers ?
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka »

Hi Martin,

Mate just filled spray bottle half n half and went berserk with it and followed steves intstructions to the letter.No problems with side covers??

KRACKA
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

I have cleaned a darmah and a couple of Laverdas with a product they use to remove corrosion from Aluminum boats: "Nautical Ease". It is a spary on and wash off product. It contains a mild acid, that will etch polished aluminum if left on too long, so you have to be careful. Does a great job on unpolished aluminum, like the engine casings, makes them bright and clean.
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”