860 gts clutch plate

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
darren nix
Diana

860 gts clutch plate

Post by darren nix »

in steve.s pushrod order info section it shows the last smooth clutch plate , the one with the tangs, the tags face the the clutch basket, in the workshop manual for the bike the diagram shows the same diagram, tangs face the basket, but in the written section it says on 860 models, the first plain plate has angled tangs, which should face outwards. which is it in or out, which do i beleive picture or words, much help appreciated
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Face the tangs inward toward the basket. It is to keep the plate from possibly hanging up on the edge of the basket.
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

thanks for your reply, thats what i have done, it was just one piece of info that threw a spanner in the works, i couldn,t engage any gears so i re oiled all the plates, 5 were stuck together, and now i can work up and down through the gears, it wouldn,t get out of first before, thanks again

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”