Sprag clutch washer

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
IADuckrider
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Sprag clutch washer

Post by IADuckrider »

Hello everybody,
I'm restoring my '78 Darmah and I've run into a problem. A previous owner removed the electric start system, probably because of sprag bearing issues. I'm restoring it back to original and have been collecting all the necessary bits, or so I thought. Once I got into the engine I discovered that the washer 0799.50.188 that goes into the clutch primary gear assembly is missing. Steve doesn't have them and none of my other usual used parts sources have it either. I was hoping someone might have one that they could part with or suggest a potential source.

Thanks,

Bob
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Sprag clutch washer

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Bob,

You got a little machine shop near you? If so, might be easiest to ask them to make you up a steel washer 36 x 65.5 x 1.5 ...

Starter sprag washer shim.jpg
IADuckrider
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Sprag clutch washer

Post by IADuckrider »

Hi Craig,

Yes, I thought that would be my last resort. The only question would be the washer hardness but there's the washer behind the starter gear where I could get a reading.

Thanks for the note!

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”