Installing A Lucas RITA Ignition on A 75 860 GT

If you need technical information or help with your early crossover gearchange squarecase Ducati 860/900 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Phil Porter
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Installing A Lucas RITA Ignition on A 75 860 GT

Post by Phil Porter »

Just how difficult is it to install a Lucas RITA ignition on an 860 GT? I already have a Gear Gazer on the verticle tower, and a cut away side cover, and I understand that the G-G would have to go. Any civilians out there(not employed as a professional wrench) ever done one of these conversions? I am anticipating the point in time that my CDI goes..poof. Phil Porter
Gas it up!!!.....Are We There Now?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

poof

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hey Phil, the RITA systems are no longer being put together and are there fore no longer available unless you find someone who has a kit in stock. But you have other options.

I am now stocking electronic ignition kits by DMC. These kits are available for all bevel drives with a distributor, all bevel drives with BOSCH ignition, all bevel drives with Ducati Electronica ignition [such as yours] as well as Pantah engines. Click the link for details, you have choices, as in, you can get a basic kit or a kit with new pickups and coils, and, you have a choice of coils. Prices range from $495 to $735 complete. The kits come with an instruction manual for installation and are ready to bolt on.

http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-ign-kits.htm
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

Hey Steve,

Do these systems fit on the bevel cover like the Rita, or can they be fitted in the original location?

Andy

Return to “Squarecase Early 860/900 Crossover Gearchange Engines > 860/900 GT”