Ducati Electronica ignition

If you need technical information or help with your early crossover gearchange squarecase Ducati 860/900 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Wags
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati Electronica ignition

Post by Wags »

Well this continuation of my previous post to get my GTE running right.

I have a bike running rich on the front cyclinder and pops and coughs when de-accelaration. Fouls up the spark plug :( . I have rebuilt the carbs and synced them. The bike came to me with a rebuilt engine and I don't know it's running history. The Rear cylinder is fine.

Question is - can the timing advance on the front cylinder be out and causing this problem with these symptoms.???
Have tested the resistance of the stator to the text book all good!
Can the timing be adjusted(pick ups) for each cylinder separately? I have never taken off the clutch cover before (with electric starter).

I have bought a timing wheel and will test soon. Just asking questions first .
Wags
Keep the rubber side down......Under!

860GT - ZX10R - track bike ZX9R - CBR929RR Erion - 2 GPX750R - Darmah - VTR250
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Willemd »

Hi wags,

Had the same problem a while ago and it turned out to be fuel, too old. Bike has been sitting for a few months doing nothing, fuel goes off. Everything else was 100% but it kept rejecting spark plugs. Change for an old one and she starts!

My advise: drain all fuel, including carbs, and refuel.

Willem
Always wanted one, it's never too late!
Wags
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Wags »

timing all good! Still didn't found out if pickups are ajusted individually?

However can report that problem was with carby's have pulled apart and cleaned , blow air through it, checked, checked and double checked sync again, put it all together again and BINGO :-D

No fouled plug no couching, farting, belching. One Happy bevel owner once again.
Wags
Keep the rubber side down......Under!

860GT - ZX10R - track bike ZX9R - CBR929RR Erion - 2 GPX750R - Darmah - VTR250

Return to “Squarecase Early 860/900 Crossover Gearchange Engines > 860/900 GT”