DETRITUS

Post your comments, suggestions, problems etc. relating to this forum here.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

DETRITUS

Post by cafe*racer »

Steve, Have you ever thought about letting a select group of "moderators" have limited admin. privileges to clean up the list. Get rid of irrelevant posts, duplicate info, broken links, etc. What do you think? Jordan
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

if you have suggestions for anything specific you want changed, moved, deleted, let me know.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I was just going through old posts and there seemed to be alot of them with broken links to pictures, items that have sold, etc. There was also some real great info buried down there. I am not the most savy when it comes to building websites but how about a 'flag' button of some kind that would allow us to sort out the good from the bad or at least bring your attention to it. Might help the newbies get more interested in posting. Its quite daunting to join a forum and play catch up reading through hundreds or thousands of old posts.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

true but I always suggest new users to this forum make use of the handy SEARCH function to find topics they are specifically looking for answers within.

if you think something is outdated and needs to be deleted, please send me the URL of the topic and I will handle it - thanks.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

ok, Steve, you's the boss, will do 8)
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

On the broken links on photos front, I noticed that the pisture host I used for mine - xs.to - they appear to have a shelf life and thus have now been deleted after a cpuple of years... Do you now have a recommended host that doesn't delete after a period? Or do we think two years is enough?
Cheers
Geoff
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

yes - just about every ISP out there give their customers a small amount of free [included] web space. Use it for your photos. That way you have control. This is 1 reason I don;t delete failed links to photos...... I figure the poster will see it and fix it eventually.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Geoff, I have been using Myspace to host all my pictures. It is free, pretty easy to use, and plenty of space to upload to.

Return to “Forum Questions/Problems/Info”