'85 Le Mans

Some of you guys also have some other Italian beauties in the shed..... so go ahead and post pictures of your non-Ducati Italian machinery here.
Denis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

'85 Le Mans

Post by Denis »

This thing is really faster than it should be. It sounds like a stock car. :)

My Le Mans has Contis, so I belong here, right?
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Change the frontwheel from 16" to 18" and get rid of that ugly "duck tail" seat, and you will have a perfect Le Mans!!
Denis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Denis »

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I LOVE the 16" wheels on the Le Mans (and my SP II as well), and the ducktail as well.
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Well, each his own taste, right?
If I remember correct, you could change the 16" front wheel for a 18"one, for free in Europe!
That was because of the bad roadholding...???
Denis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Denis »

Here in the US Moto Guzzi eventually offered a kit to change the 16" wheel to an 18".

16" wheels hold the road wonderfully. They are awfully quick though and if you are used to a large front tire and jump on a Guzzi with a 16", you WILL get surprised.

I bought an '87 SP new with the 16" wheel and I've never changed it, so when I found this Le Mans still with the 16" I jumped on it.
dewjantim
Mariana

Post by dewjantim »

My Paso had 16'' wheels. It cornered great, you just had to get used to it. If you applied the brakes in the middle of a curve it would stand straight up. In an S curve you could go hauling @$$ into the first curve, hit the brakes and it would stand straight up, then slam it into the next curve. It was great....... of course it scared the bejesus out of a couple of my friends who rode the bike.... :shock: ....Dewey.

Return to “Italian Bike [non-Ducati] Photo Gallery”