Cucciolo

If you need technical information or help with your non bevel drive Ducati single cylinder Cucciolo, 2-strokes, the overhead valve and scooter motors - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Cucciolo

Post by Chris Bushell »

Guys,

I am in the process of re-commisioning my 1953 Cucciolo at the moment, for an event 3rd weekend in May.

We should be able to get it fired up soon, now that we have taken all of the slack out of the gearchange mechanism and sorted the damaged woodruff key for the flywheel.

Now looking at the condensor it must be donkeys years old and I would like to replace it - can anyone tell me where I might get one from or a specification so that I can go looking in the old British bike fraternity?

Chris
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi Chris, I'm thinking the BSA Bantam or Villiers boys would be worth a go.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Bob,

Ended up showing it as a static display at the Silverstone event and then tucked it away in the garage again.

I saw something on the Bevelheads list about the values of capacitors for AC & DC ignition systems, but like a fool forgot to write the values down!

Hope fully someone on hear may have that info.

Chris
gioto3
Diana

Post by gioto3 »

Hi
these are the data for cucciolo 60 - 65 engines
Condenser/Capacitor
size =18mm dia x 22mm high
(0.28UF 6V CE22A9V)
I suppose it's the same for T2.
I suggest you to join the ducatipushrodsingles yahoo group, there are files only accessible to members with very useful data, on ignition too, that were essentials for the restoration of my two cucciolos.
Ciao
Giovanni
1980 Ducati 900 SS Darmah
1977 Ducati 125 six days
1972 Ducati 450 Scrambler
1953 Ducati 65 Sport
1949 Ducati CCC 60

Return to “Single Cylinder Non Bevel Drive Engines > Cucciolo, Scooters, Overhead Valve, 2-Stroke”