32 spoke rims

If you need technical information or help with your non bevel drive Ducati single cylinder Cucciolo, 2-strokes, the overhead valve and scooter motors - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

32 spoke rims

Post by Chris Bushell »

I am looking at having to rebuild the wheels on two of my pushrod singles, the spokes are just too rusty to be safe.

Now all 4 rims are rusty with peeling chrome and in all reality I ought to replace them.

Now comes the interesting question, does anyone know where I might be able to buy some 17inch 32 spoke WM1 rims from. I would idealy like alloy, so that I dont have to deal with peeling chrome in the future, but otherwise I will have to look at chrome.

Chris
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Chris, Go to your favorite newsstand and look in an issue of Classicbike.There are many suppliers of vintage rims advertising rims and wheelbuilding services.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Have tried the obvious ones and have yet to find one that can do 32 spoke rims - anyone found someone who has supplied them?

The two main suppliers over here Hagons & central wheel dont do 32 spoke rims.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Chris, check out the Buchanan's website, maybe they can make you a custom rim. The closest thing I found was an aluminum Excel WM0 (1.40) x 17" blank, can be drilled for any hole number and pattern. I have seen this rim in person at their showroom, very high quality. The other option would be to go to a 36 hole WM1 x 17" chrome steel in a Mandap rim. http://www.buchananspokes.net/ Hope this helps, Jordan
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Thanks for the tip, it looks like their non-dimpled range may well do it.

I would much rather spend the money on alloy rims than a set of chrome ones, as at least you can polish out corrosion!

Chris

Return to “Single Cylinder Non Bevel Drive Engines > Cucciolo, Scooters, Overhead Valve, 2-Stroke”