Oil passage screw?

If you need technical information or help with your Paso based 2 valve non-900 Ducati engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
dougvc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Oil passage screw?

Post by dougvc »

I have a 1991 750 Sport in near perfect condition which has developed an oil 'weep' that I wish to fix. Just adjacent to the spark plug hole on the vertical cylinder is a small screw (looks like a set screw) past which there is a small but steady leak of oil. What is the purpose of this screw? Is there something inside secured by the screw? Any reason I could not replace it with a screw with a head on it (same length of course) and add a little loctite or silicon to seal it? I have the shop manual but it has no comment or detail on this as far as I can find. Thanks.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

The screw is a plug for the oil feed drilling that supplies the cam. You can remove it and seal it with Loctite or 3Bond silicone sealer or use a screw or bolt with a head and use a copper or alu. crush washer. Or both washer and sealer.
dougvc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dougvc »

Thanks!

Return to “'Reverse Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces rearward] > Indiana, Elefant, Paso 350/750, 750 Sport & SS, Monster 600/750”