Timing Pointer Tool

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Seamus Keating
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Timing Pointer Tool

Post by Seamus Keating »

Hi, Anybody got any idea where I can purchase the timing pointer tool to dynamically time my 450 Mk3 with a strobelight?

Thanks in advance

Seamus :?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Timing tool

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Seamus

Andy Nienhagen is normally good for this kind of stuff.

Go http://www.desmo.net/pricelist.htm

and look under part nos 88713 0116 and 88713 0441 - I think the latter is the one you're after, assuming I've read the Ducati owner's manual right :?

Ciao

Craig in UK
Seamus Keating
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Seamus Keating »

Hi Craig,

Tried Andy last week and he only has the timing disc for static set up. Finding it very difficult to track the timing pointer down anywhere, but will keep trying.

Thanks

Seamus
Craig in France
Paso 906

That pointy tool thingy

Post by Craig in France »

Ok, Seamus, here's a couple of other ideas ...

1. The GB owners club may have one in its tool hire scheme. This used to be run by some bloke called Steve Wynne :) ; but since Steve's taken himself off to New Zealand :( , I don't know who's doing it now. So try calling Andrew Jones, the club sec. ... AND, thinking about it, I'm not sure that Andrew doesn't have one of the tools himself ...

(Assuming he's not on this Forum and listening in), Andrew's UK tel is 01274 410916. Or e-mail him from the DOCGB contacts list at http://www.docgb.org/contact_us/index.htm

2. Tony Brancato may have one/be prepared to make you one/know who has one. But I know Tony is pretty busy at the moment. UK tel (01865) 891203.

Ciao

Craig in UK

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”