Question on my 1970 450 scrambler

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
droy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Question on my 1970 450 scrambler

Post by droy »

image.jpg
Hi folks,
I've been restoring my 450 Scrambler for some time now.
My next update is to add new rims and stainless steel spokes. My question is who make the original rims? Can't read logo on mine. And is it possible to get similar rims , same profile, etc?
Also, I thought the 450 scrambler had a rubber strap holding the battery in place. Mine has seems to need a metal strip with a wingnut holding it on place. Is this correct?
Thanks,
David
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Question on my 1970 450 scrambler

Post by Craig in France »

Hi David,
droy wrote:My question is, who made the original rims? Can't read logo on mine. And, is it possible to get similar rims, same profile, etc?
Most likely Radaelli, altho' another possibility is Pietro Beretta (from Baranzate, Milan). Radaelli was a major supplier at the time, and my bike has Radaellis. The company is still in business, and it's Radaelli rims that the Amici dello Scrambler supply.

In the States, try Buchanan's Spoke & Rim, Inc. They seem to get generally good write-ups. http://www.buchananspokes.net/contact/contact_us.asp
droy wrote:Also, I thought the 450 scrambler had a rubber strap holding the battery in place. Mine seems to need a metal strip with a wingnut holding it on place. Is this correct?
It was for the early 250 and 350 SCRs, but I'm not so sure about the 450s.

But if that's what you've got ... 8)

Ciao

Craig
droy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by droy »

Finally found the make: Pietro Beretta, now the hunt for replacements. Not going to be easy I feel.
droy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by droy »

Anyone have ideas or advice on getting the rims repaired and rechromed?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

droy wrote:Finally found the make: Pietro Beretta, now the hunt for replacements. Not going to be easy I feel.
Probably right, altho' there's this on eBay right now. Unfortunately, the seller doesn't say what size it is ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Triumph ... ceRpt=true

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”