71 250 scrabler fork diagram...

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Lumbee
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

71 250 scrabler fork diagram...

Post by Lumbee »

Hey guys, I have a 250 scrambler, and am having issues with the forks. The spring/rebound on them is really rough. For instance if I hold the front brake and lean forward to compress the forks, they will actually 'hang' after being compressed a few inches, and I have to pull back on the bars to get them to rebound.

I pulled the forks out of the trees and disassembled one of them (one is really bad...the other not so much..but its not great). All of the parts seem to be there, however there was no oil in either shock. All the compnents seemed to be in good shape...no rust at least. I added fork oil and reassembled and there is no much difference in the rebound/smoothness.

So I was wondering if anyone had a diagram/scematic of the forks for the scrambler, just to make sure all the parts are there.

My other question is, I was able to disassemble the internals of the fork, but I did not separate the upper and lower portions fork tubes. I removed the clip, but the forks did not seem to want to slide apart. Once the clip is removed is the seal the only thing keeping the upper and lower tubes together?

Any info appreciated. Thanx!
Paddy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 71 250 scrabler fork diagram...

Post by Paddy »

You need to remove the allen head bolt in the bottom of the leg. Turn the forks upside down and look through where the axel goes. The forks will then come apart.
Lumbee
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 71 250 scrabler fork diagram...

Post by Lumbee »

Thanks Paddy, I did find this diagram...

http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/marzocch ... /index.htm

However, my forks don't seem to have an allen bolt on the underside of the bottom tube. I am going to pull the forks again shortly, and double check. Thanx!

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”