Shifter eccentric adjustment

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
geomoto
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Shifter eccentric adjustment

Post by geomoto »

Down below the shifter there is the locknut with adjusting screw. I have heard it called "eccentric adjuster" and that you can adjust it if shifting problems. If I just ride it like a street bike it shifts fine. But, in race condition at hi rev & shifting fast i often blow the 2nd-3rd shift, wind up in 4th or some kinda nuetral. Any clue if this "eccentric adjustment" may help me out?
Thanks
geomoto
George Patrick
906 226 6360
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Re: Shifter eccentric adjustment

Post by Steve Foster »

Geomoto - if it shifts fine (both up and down) in normal use then the eccentric adjuster is probably in (or close to) the correct position. I wouldn't think it could be used to address the kind of problems that you describe. It doesn't actually change anything in the gearbox, only in the selector mechanism behind the engine cover.
Have you had a look at whether the spring behind the detente ball in the selector is OK? They have a habit of breaking and can contribute to false neutrals and jumping out of gear under load.
Cheers
Steve.
1974 Ducati 750 GT
geomoto
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Shifter eccentric adjustment

Post by geomoto »

Tannks Steve, I will have a look.
Geo
George Patrick
906 226 6360

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”