MK3 Frame

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
JAR
Mariana

MK3 Frame

Post by JAR »

are there any differences between a 1974 Mk3 frame and a 1974 Mk3D frame ? Specifically in the area of the rear brake pedal/stop switch mounting.
I have a mk3 frame upon which I wish to mount the desmo rearset controls, however there is no obvious mount for the switch and the pedal itself will then foul the frame lug provided for the conventional feet forward pedal arrangement (see pic). I presume a genuine desmo frame has an extra lug behind the pillion footrest lug and forward lug is missing. If this is so does anyone have a good photo of how this is arranged ?

more generally was there a parts list supplement for 1974 models, the list steve sells only covers up to 1973 ?

http://imageshack.us/f/8/dsc03643v.jpg/
Last edited by JAR on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U can call me AL
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by U can call me AL »

Hi JAR unable to open photo file can you please send to me? What you have presumed seems correct, my bike is not set up to that stage yet, but can send photos of frame showing brake set up etc. Phil from Road & Race in Australia has a 74 desmo parts supplement (in Italian) Regards Al
JAR
Mariana

Post by JAR »

hello Al,
you are removing the characters [img] fore and aft of the URL aren't you ?
i thought i was following the instructions given here on the website about linking to uploaded pics it either does not work or i did it wrong. The pure URL does work. Thanks for the tips. Yeah a good pic showing that frame gusset under the swingarm would be great. I think now that there is also an extra lug on the frame near the pillion peg, need that too !
Andy
U can call me AL
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by U can call me AL »

Hi Andy
Here are a couple of photos of frame showing the brake cable mount, the brake stitch and rear set peg mount for a 74 450Desmo
Image[/img]Image
Regards
Al

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”