71 450 scrambler

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
dicken
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

71 450 scrambler

Post by dicken »

i am restoring a 71 450 scr. i believe it has a 6v-60watt charging unit. is this good enough or should i upgrade to a 12v more wattage unit? i also need a wiring diagram for this model as the headlight and most of the wiring was missing when bought. thanks, ken.
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: 71 450 scrambler

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Ken,

I guess the question is, 'Good enuf for what?' I still run the original 6 volt system on my 72 450SCR. While it's a very easy starter, I don't expect it to 'Light Up the Night' :)

Loads of wiring diagrams for the usual source, e.g owner's handbook, Clymer manual, Haynes. If you get desperate, let me know and I'll scan you one.

Ciao

Craig
dicken
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dicken »

hi, craig. i have a clumer manual but the wiring diagrams in it don't seem to match up to the parts i have. i have just got some info from others and i think i might have it sorted out. thanks for the help. ken.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

If you want to upgrade to 12v then the new alternator from Electrex World is the best option. This gives 12v & 120 watts and it goes straight in.

Chris

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”