Ducati singles help

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
wera512v
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati singles help

Post by wera512v »

I just bought a couple of singles in an estate sale and need help figuing out what I have.I have no experience with Ducati's and bought them sight unseen,so I am completely lost.
First is a race bike,frame number 110650/motor number is 114893.Just fired it up last night and it runs great.Need to make stay arm for front brake and it should be ready for the track.
Second is mostly parts.Frame and motor match 95743.Frame tag says 196?.Last digit was never stamped on plate.Top end of motor was apart,bottom end still intact.
From info that I have picked up on this board the 250 is a narrow case,and 350 is wide case.
Would appreciate any help or advice you folks can provide.
Thanks,Tom
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

Hi Tom
what would you like to know ??

Eldert
wera512v
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wera512v »

Just need basic info,such as year of manufacture,model name.Don't know if they started life as scramblers or road bikes.I really know very little about early Ducati models,so would like find out what I have.
I may take the 350 to the track and compare it to my 250 Yamaha vintage racer.Don't know if I can get comfortable with right hand shift after all these years.
I will be selling the 250 narrow case parts and need to know something about them before I advertise them.
Thanks for any help.
Tom

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”