Replacement Control Levers

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
DucFan
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Replacement Control Levers

Post by DucFan »

Hello gents,

I'm looking to replace the brake levers on my Ducati because the inline brake switches are junk. I'm having a difficult time finding a decent set that have a vintage look yet still have a hole drilled for a mechanical brake switch. I've found these:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId=

There is a matching clutch lever assembly available and you can buy a brake switch that uses that mount.

Hoping some of you may have some better options for me?

Thanks!
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi Ducfan, levers look ok, what is the measurement center to center from the cable nipple hole to the pivot hole? this needs to be very close to the orriginal design-.or you will get a heavy clutch and poor brake.
joe1028
Mariana

Post by joe1028 »

i have used the tommaselli(spelling?) copies that are actually pretty nice looking...i changed hardware(for looks) ,painted one set,and another set i polished some of the aluminum. they look pretty good and work fine....most vintage brit or european bike parts dealers should have them...i think i sold them for about 35 a set...ck ebay too....joe@vcycle

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”