CONDOR 350

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
RCASSIN
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

CONDOR 350

Post by RCASSIN »

Hi Guys...just got a Condor 350, Swiss military bike...has the Ducati motor. She starts right up, but has a lot of tapping, sounds like its coming from the lower motor, almosts sound like she is running with no oil.

can anyone tell me what they think the problem is? thanks rob
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Assuming that the tappet clearances are correct, then it sounds like you are going to need to strip the motor and check it over.

It could be piston slap, but equally could be a loose clutch, alternator rotor or a big end flapping about.

Drain teh oil and look for bits of metal, if found do not run - strip it

Chris
Nick
Diana

Post by Nick »

Probably a rod big-end bearing.
From probably the only person in the world who rides a Ducati 350 Sebring for daily transportation.
RCASSIN
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

CONDOR 350 GEAR PROBLEM

Post by RCASSIN »

.Thanks for you response....She now wont go into 3rd and 4th gear...What do you think?????I appreciate your help!!!!
RCASSIN
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

gear problems

Post by RCASSIN »

Hi Guys.. I have a Condor 350, Swiss military bike...has the Ducati motor. Besides from be too noisey, she now wont go into 4th and 5th gear...Help?
Nick
Diana

Post by Nick »

Take the engine apart and check everything.

Gearbox locks up on the highway, the clutch won't help you, you're in serious trouble!
From probably the only person in the world who rides a Ducati 350 Sebring for daily transportation.

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”