ASSO Brand Pistons

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Andy Whitaker
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

ASSO Brand Pistons

Post by Andy Whitaker »

Anyone got any views (positive or negative) about ASSO pistons?

I'm rebuilding the engine on my '63 Daytona 250 and it was all that Domiracer could offer me. I'm going for original spec. lowish tune with the small carb etc so it shouldn't need a forged anyway.

Seems to me like they are period equivalents (pattern from the time?) to Borgos.

Thanks Andy
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Asso piston

Post by bobnorton »

Hi, If you spend some time on google Borgo, You will find info on contemporary pattern stuff and Asso is in there,dont know about quality but if you dont rev above say 80 per cent of peak it may do. Second hand borgo with new rings could be better, the pistons wear less than the bore.I have a spare 250 Pattern piston complete if your interested.
Andy Whitaker
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Andy Whitaker »

Thanks for the feedback Bob. I did secure a secondhand Borgo from France on e-Bay for 1 Euro which I might be able to use with a bit of fettling.

I have got the new old stock ASSO already and it doesn't look bad. I'll review again, in the future, the piston choice as this very lengthy rebuild progresses!.......

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”