Which Spark Plugs for Twin Plug 250 Head?

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
ducscrambler
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ducscrambler »

I have located a racing blueprint, courtesy of Motoscrubs, where they have listed two NGK plugs. The 14mm one being a B5H, and the 10mm one being a C10H. Since I don't plan on racing this bike in the near future,(was an old flat tracker way back in the day), I'm in the process of procuring a title, and putting it on the street. These NGK plugs are racing plugs, I am very sure, and no longer available, or part #'s have changed? What would be a good choice? Not restricted to NGK. Motor is stock, but will probably port and polish, probably go to a 30mm carburetor. I have'nt had the head machined yet for the second plug. Really like the idea of the second plug for a more even, complete burn. Also for a twin spark coil, what would be a good somewhat economical choice? Been thinking about a 6 volt harley twin coil, not a good choice? I have 3 wires coming out of my case, does that mean it has an alternator, and not a magneto? One wire is red, and the other two appear to be white. If I connect the two whites together, will that make for 12 volts? This bike was running when I bought it 25 plus, years ago, without a battery. Chain had broke with previous owner and broke the clutch arm, being the reason I have never ridden it. I have recently purchased another pair of narrowcase cases off Ebay, already drilled and tapped for oil return lines from head, probably had twin plugs too, flexable return lines for access to second plug. I have yet to dissassemble my original motor. this is my first post since joining with Bevel Heaven two days ago. Any input would be very much appreciated, THANK YOU!
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Maybe ask your local NGK importer?
I almost always use Bosch plugs, and every time I hit a problem, I ask Bosch Germany, and every time, they come up with a good sollution....
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

WTF....what happened to my avatar... :evil:
I don't own a Darmah at all... :twisted:
ducscrambler
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ducscrambler »

Part of what is confusing to me is that the two plugs, seemed to have two different heat ranges. I was wondering if that would attribute to a more efficient combustion burn. It seems finding a good comparison chart of different brands of plugs is kind of mind boggling. Thanks for your input from the beautiful Netherlands.
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

for regular use get a B8HS for the 14 mm plug and a CR8E for the 10 mm
plug . for racing you can use a colder plug a 9 or 10

Eldert
ducscrambler
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ducscrambler »

Thank you, Eldert. What would you suggest as far as a twin spark coil? I mentioned a Harley Davidson coil because it is the round canister type, would fit under the tank, and I can get one for about $20.00 U.S. Remember when you ride, keep the rubber side down! -Ducscrambler-

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”