Just got mid to late 60's Ducati what year? what model? Help

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
longducati
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Just got mid to late 60's Ducati what year? what model? Help

Post by longducati »

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just pruchased a mid to late 60's Ducati motorcycle and need help in identifying which year and model it is. The engine is marked "350", and has an engine number of DM350 03256. I can find no number on the frame, but there appears to have been a sticker or label on the front of the frame at the steering gear. That label is long gone. I believe it to be a narrow case, as the engine mounting bolts are the shorter ones, in the order of 85mm. It is missing the gas tank, front fender, rear fender, headlight, tail light, front axle bolt, and side covers if it ever had them. The engine appears to have some type of compression release on the upper front.

I am eager to get started on gathering parts and purchasing a parts book, but I have no idea what year or model this bike is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Fred
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

Hi Fred
Ducati made only one 350 narrow crankcase model is was called the
Sebring . however according to my clymer publications owners handbook
and workshop manual they used 3 differend styles of bodywork
so without fenders and tank it is hard to tell what type of bodywork your
bike had

Regards Eldert
longducati
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by longducati »

Hello Eldert,

Thanks so much for the reply. I have spent hours looking over information on the web and I agree, it must be a Sebring. After some consideration, I have decided to pass on restoring the bike. So I am about to list it on Ebay so someone else can have fun with it. Thanks again for your help.
Fred

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”