Ducati Monza 250 Cafe Racer

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
edf62869
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati Monza 250 Cafe Racer

Post by edf62869 »

Can anyone tell me where to purchase the gas tank and seat pictured on this bike.

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20Dir ... 0-1962.htm

I just bought a 1961-62 Ducati Monza and the red bike pictured is my goal.

I am also an amateur and would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Eric
Seattle, WA
[email protected]
Per Garbos
Diana

Post by Per Garbos »

Hi,

Its a little difficult to see, but this company migth have what You are looking for: http://www.ruigspolyester.nl/

Its all written in dutch, so its difficult for mee to undestand it, but look under "producten" and then "Ducati eencilinder"

Best regards

Per Garbos
edf62869
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by edf62869 »

Per Garbos,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I'm looking for...YEEEE HAW
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

You could stay closer to home and check out Airtech...

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vin ... etanks.htm
edf62869
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by edf62869 »

Craig,

Thanks for the link.

The only problem is that the talks are not for street use...I would rally like to use the bike on the street.

Do you have any thoughts on a metal gas tank?
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

ah... I assumed the ohter tanks listed were non-metalic too since "polyester" was part of the name.

I don't know of anywhere that sells that tank done up in metal, other than custom tank builders. Certainly an option but not an inexpensive one.

I have thought about building a similar bike out of my 250 but thought I'd go with a Benelli (Wards?) tank instead. it's not as square looking as that one but it is a bit longer than the stock monza tank and narrower than the (more expensive) Mach 1 style tank Ducati used on the, well, Mach 1 and other bikes.

I have a slightly abused version of the tank I'm talking about, but apparently no pictures of it. They show up on eBay occassionally....

Here's a bad pic of what I'm talking about.

No, it isn't similar to the shape you've shown, but I'm not sure the tank you've shown has ever been mass produced in metal.
Per Garbos
Diana

Post by Per Garbos »

Hi,

I am afraid it will be very difficult to find a racing fuel tank in steel.

Another solution, if it has to be street legal, is to make the same trick as Ducati did with the 900 Mike Hailwood replica.
They made them with a smaller steel tank within a fibre-glass outer shell to meet new legal requirements.

Maybe not a perfect solution, but at least You can keep the "racinglook" and still meet legal requirements.

Best regards Per

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”